Start your morning with delicious baked eggs with bread. Check out this simple, tasty and healthy recipe and tickle your taste buds.
1 tsp olive oil, 1 small red onion (finely chopped), Sliced peppers, 1 garlic clove,
crushed.1 fresh red chilli, chopped. 2 slice wholegrain bread, toasted. 250 ml (1 cup) tomatoes, 2 eggs.
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
3. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
4. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Stir in tomatoes, peppers and water.
6. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until it’s thickened slightly.
7. Divide tomato mixture between two 375ml (1 1/2 cup) ovenproof dishes.
8. Make an indent in each dish. Carefully crack an egg into each indent.
9. Bake for 20 minutes more or until it’s cooked as per your liking. Serve the dish with toasted bread.